Friday, August 28, 2015

Big Island, Hawaii


It was 2 yrs since my first meeting with Pele and Big Island and I was grateful to have more time this trip, an opportunity to connect with the land and the people and drop in with the Pahoa Community.


It was lovely to surprise my partner coming in from San Francisco by connecting through Maui on my way from Kauai, I love surprises and very rarely experience them, probably because of my sensitivity to subtle energies I often see them coming before they happen, as a side effect it gives me pleasure to experience responses by creating surprises for others J

Our hostess on Big Island was H, who over a period of 3 yrs had turned her little life-style block into an abundant tropical garden and homestay. Such a warm welcome not only by H but also Pele who was threating to cross the road and disconnect the residents of Pahoa from the main access route south. I find it fascinating how a potential natural disaster can so quickly bring community together.

Soon after we arrived we offered a public talk to introduce ourselves and our work, to those who resonated and felt a calling to explore; embodiment & evolution through shamanic energy medicine and sacred sexuality . . . In a society that has been programed that sex is a sin and we are separate from God it is time for a revolution! What better way to keep the collective disconnected from their bodies and the earth, out of their power and easily manipulated than by inciting so much shame, fear and guilt around sexuality, which is in fact our life force energy.

To me liberating our sexuality in a healthy, natural and organic way is a vital piece to any individual on that journey home to self. So many spiritual seekers, and I was certainly no exception, are all about love and light, pure heart, enlightened mind however often, as also the case with me, I became an incredible visionary for both myself and others with no ability to manifest or anchor the visions and dreams in physical reality. Poverty consciousness ruled supreme until I took the time to clear the blockages in my own lower chakras, free my creativity and surrender to being embodied, in this body on this earth, and volia my ability to manifest was reclaimed instantly!


I enjoyed living on the land, offering private sessions and exploring the island on my days off. This included a morning visit to Uncle Robert’s market, I didn’t understand why I was more excited than usual about going to the market and then just when I was going to get a juice I bumped in to my brilliant little brother B. I had met B on my first visit to Big Island 2 yrs earlier, he had left soon after and although we had been in touch a couple times through email we really hadn’t much idea what each other was up to. As you can imagine it was a beautiful moment of synchronicity that he literally flew back to Big Island on the same day I did to begin construction of his new energy device; http://www.phi-tek.com

Sunday’s were also a favourite . . . Sunday morning ecstatic dance at Kalani, a picnic lunch on Kehena black sand beach and then afternoon and sunset community gathering on the lawn on the red road  :)


It was on Big Island that I was invited to hold a one-day workshop for women, perhaps more a sister’s circle of supporting each other into our self-sourcing sovereignty. One day in sacred space making up for those Rites of Passage that we didn’t experience that have kept us disempowered and in co-dependent relationships for far too many centuries. I hadn’t held a space for ‘women only’ for quite a few years and I had forgotten how beautiful and empowering it was for us to gather in sacred space . . . I have a feeling that this was a taster for what lay ahead . . .

Meanwhile it was such a pleasure to explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, so much so that I had to make two trips. The exquisitely powerful and untameable, wild energy of nature, the raw feminine in her full expression of the fire element . . . I bow in love, honour and respect and in so doing can feel her strength and natural beauty within and pervading the limited human body in all it perfection and imperfection . . . gratitude for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment